Skip to main content

Can I sue enterprise rent a car? Or the girl driving us?

Rockford, IL |

I was being driven by one of their employees to another location to pick up a vehicle. Me and my young son were in the car and the girl driving us starts to text while she is driving us. I could not believe what I was seeing.

+ Read More

Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes
Attorney answers 6


While your driver did something that should have resulted in her receiving a traffic citation, what would be the basis for you to sue her? You have not indicated that you experienced any damage. You should simply have told her to stop texting and that would've been the end of it. You can still report her to the manager at Enterprise. It will be up to the company how, if at all, to discipline her

Although AVVO describes this site as providing free legal advice, it is really a simple Q&A forum. The volunteer attorneys provide general answers. No specific legal advice is given here and no attorney-client relationship is established. For precise direction and legal advice, please consult in person with an attorney in your area. Be sure to bring all relevant paperwork with you.


You have not sustained any recoverable damages- you can't sue for bad customer service. Therefore you cannot bring any claim against the driver or her employer. You should complain to enterprise for the drivers improper texting so an accident does not happen next time and hopefully the driver will stop texting and driving.


Complain to corporate. You sustained no injury so there's no legal remedy v

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. The suggestion is made that if you wish to protect your rights, you consult with an attorney immediately.


You could have brought it to her attention, or removed the risk by asking her to pull over so you could get out of the car. Reporting the situation to the corporate office may help prevent this in the future.

This answer is intended to only provide general information and does not establish an attorney- client relationship. The information is not guaranteed as sound legal advice since most questions are very limited in nature. You may wish to consult with an attorney regarding your specific case.


Although her conduct was perhaps negligent and perhaps in violation of traffic laws, it does not appear that you suffered any damages--accordingly, any potential lawsuit would surely fail. Contact her supervisor and report what happened....maybe you'll a free rental.

San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney--19 years experience. Law Offices of Jay S. Finnecy


While this was idiotic and dangerous behavior, thankfully you and your son sustained no harms or losses. As my colleagues suggest, complain to her superiors

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer