Skip to main content

Can i sue California or cya for forcing me to register as sex offender for 15 years when never had that requirement?

Santa Clarita, CA |

i was on parole for one year we i got a new parole officer. after i was on parole for all most a year and half with only 11 months left he told me that the D.o..j had told him that i had to register as sex offender. i told him that i had no such requirement in any of my paper work and he told me if i didn't in 5 days i was going back to cya. so for the 15 years i have been trying relief form this duty. i have found paper work in my file that show that someone had change my paper work so that i would have to registry as a sex offender and now the state have giving me relief but only after i showed them this paper work.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


One of the first lessons taught in law school is that "Anyone can sue anyone for anything." However, just because you CAN sue, does not mean need you will win. The first step is to hire a lawyer to look into the requirement that you register. I would refer you to Stephanie Gunther at (661)428-3720. She has had some success on very similar cases.

Good Luck.


I answered this question last night. Posting it multiple times will not get you a different answer.