Skip to main content

Can I sue because I was food poison at a local restrutant

Montgomery, AL |

I went to eat at this place and woke up the next morning sick, I was vomting, facial redness. stomach cramps, diaherra, sweating, itching. I had to get prescriptions filled

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes. You have to prove that it was food poisoning. Do an incident report and tallk to an attorney.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.


Take care of your symptoms first. If your injuries required medical treatment, you may have a viable suit. Consult with a personal injury lawyer who provides free consultation and takes cases on a contingency fee basis. If your symptoms did not require medical treament (beyond medications) it may not be practical or make economic sense to pursue a lawsuit. (A jury is not likely to award anything substantial based on pain and suffering and discomfort alone if there is no special damages (such as medical expenses or lost earnings) of any significance.) If this is the case, present your claim to the managment of the restaurant. They probably will provide you with some sort of compensation, such as discount coupons or gift certificates.

This response is for information purpose only and does not constitute a legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Yes you can and you do need to file a report with the restaurant and see if there were any other people who got food poisoning as well. I had a case about 15 years ago against Taco Bell. You should contact an attorney in Montgomery.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer