Skip to main content

Can i sue a police officer for slander? and is this slander

Argyle, WI |

i live in a small town so gossip spreads like fire. on of the only two cops has been suspended for harassment already and he recently showed up at a good friends of mine house ar 8:30 am on duty to tell them that he personally busted myself and a buddy of mine dealing drugs and arrested us. that never happened and i dont even do drugs. i wasnt even in town and he specifically gave them my name. i recently started a handy man business and am sure it wil hurt my work since several ppl i dont know that well already asked me about it.what do i do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Send a Cease and Desist letter directly to the officer and notify the police department of his actions. Without damages you're not going to prevail if you filed suit at this time.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Have a local lawyer send a cease and desist letter.