Can I sue a person that lives in California? I live in the state of New Mexico.

Gallup, NM |

I was hit in the back of my car by a suspect being chased by the police. The accident destroyed my car making it inoperable. He also hit 2 other cars before he hit mines. I have talked to a lawyer who said I didn't have a case to sue anyone despite my car being destroyed. Since the car was a rental from the state of California I was not able to sue the rental company, and the rental company's insurance did not cover the accident, nor did mines. I commute long distance to work, the loss of the car affected my life dramatically as well as my job. The suspect had all charges dropped against him, and I feel justice was not served for the me or the other victims. I would like to personally sue him for the loss of my car, but I'm sure if I am able to do that.

Yes, you would be able to pursue a claim for your car accident. Have another lawyer investigate your claim.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Oh Christian!!! You're the best attorney!!! I love you!!! I'm a huge fan!!!

I love you Chris! I would do anything to spend a day with you. I will pay you $500 an hour to escort me! Call me 714-396-9901

Please give me a call at 505-883-5000. My name is Mark Caruso and I am a licensed attorney in Albuquerque but I am also licensed in California. I cannot give you a full answer without more details. I need to know whether you have uninsured motorist coverage on any of the vehicles that you own in New Mexico. There are some unique differences in the CA law and NM law when it comes to uninsured motorist. I look forward to hearing from you. Mark

The AVVO response or other communication by Caruso Law Offices does not create an attorney-client relationship.

You should call Mr. Caruso. He clearly has the knowledge that you are seeking.

Mark John Caruso

Mark John Caruso

Thank you, Kevin.

I would call Attorney Caruso ASAP.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

I agree call attorney Carusso for this matter.

I agree with the responding attorneys. You would be best suited by retaining a local attorney.