Skip to main content

Can I sue a person in small claims for a loan of 260$$. Can I sue for pain and suffering?

Holland, MI |

I am a handicap 53 year old male living on a fixed income. I lent a family member some money because he needed to pay his car. He has good employment. He promised to pay following week.He has ailed even to contact me, after repeated calls. He acts like he don't know me at all.I am also a diabetic who uses 2 kinds of insulin..I needed this money to pay for copaments for my prescriptions., I've suffered some reactions for not having proper medications for this ailment.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You could sue for $260. But not for pain and suffering.

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.


You can sue under a contract theory or equitable theory for the $260 but generally the law does not allow for pain and suffering under these claims.

Good luck.


If it is less than $5,000, then sue in small claims court. Otherwise, you should contact a lawyer.


You can sue for the 260 in small claims.


Yes, can sue for the $260.00 in small claims - No, can't collect for pain & suffering Good Luck

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer