Skip to main content

Can i sue a doctor who is active duty for writing prescriptions in my name for my husband,

Frederick, MD |

My husband was having an affair with this woman, she wrote the prescriptions for him in my name, so he could fill them while he was home on leave. He is a contractor in afghanistan, she is still active duty, i want to know if i can sue her for writing these prescriptions to a person she has never met

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I have changed your practice area to military law. You may prefer to report this woman to her superiors if she is active duty. The military law practitioners will be better able to provide details.


You have no grounds to sue her. However if you report her to her supervisor she could be in serious trouble.

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III


As I read his comment I realize attorney Cassera is spot on- and i missed the key point--you cannot sue as you have not suffered any harm and no duty to you was breached. DO report what you believe to the doctor's command if you have ANY proof beyond your personal belief.


Odd scenario and too many facts missing. Are you active duty? Has this been reported to the government? How do you know the facts? When did this occur? Where is the Dr. Located? Where was she located when the events occurred?

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.


As stated no suit but, you can report this to her chain of command and the can affect her clearance, her medical license, and ability to serve in the military. Just make sure you have all of your facts together...

This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer