Skip to main content

Can i sue a doctor who is active duty for writing prescriptions in my name for my husband,

Frederick, MD |

My husband was having an affair with this woman, she wrote the prescriptions for him in my name, so he could fill them while he was home on leave. He is a contractor in afghanistan, she is still active duty, i want to know if i can sue her for writing these prescriptions to a person she has never met

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You probably dont have any civil damages, but if you report it, she could lose her license and they both could get criminal charges for drug distribution and possession.


Like your other question, I have changed the practice area to military law so those who practice in that area can respond to you. Your recourse is to report to the doctor's superiors.


As posted earlier you have no grounds to sue the doctor.


See previous post.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.


Your question requires research into Privacy Act laws, identity theft, and into privacy protection. It sounds like they are using your identity for their purposes. The military is very serious about prescription accountability, etc, so this sounds very serious.. Another question is whether you have a duty to report this to someone or to advise that you have not been taking the medication prescribed to you. Your questions require further research.

This information is intended for public use only, it does not form an attorney-client relationship and it does not constitute legal advice. If you seek legal advice on military law issues, contact an military law attorney. My contact information is or 804-955-9867.