Skip to main content

Can i sue a cab company for the driver flipping me off. I am a ARMY veteran with PTSD.

Burien, WA |

I was driving southbound on a 2 lane road, in the middle was a single turn lane, then another two lanes going northbound. I was in the closest lane to the turn lane when a cab driver made an illegal turn from the far right lane going the same direction as me. He cut over with no signal and stopped his vehicle 1/2 in the turn lane and 1/2 in the main road. I had to honk my horn because he cut me off and almost caused an accident. as i signaled to go around him while he was blocking traffic he FLIPPED me off for approximately 5 seconds, i turned into a parking lot and grabbed his car number and cab info from the advertisements. There has to be something we can do about this. I also have a witness.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


A rude cabbie? Say it is not so...

In all seriousness, what you describe is nothing more than the hurly burly of everyday life. There is nothing to be done about it in the legal system. Since there was no harm suffered -- in the legal sense of property damage, bodily injury or an intolerable outrage offending all notions of civil decency -- there was no foul. Maybe some traffic violations were committed, but that would be something for the local police department rather than civil attorneys.

The best revenge is living well, so enjoy your revenge with the certain knowledge that the guy has serious "issues" and probably hates pretty much everything about his entire life. Thank you for your service, keep your chin up!

Good luck!




No. You are the victim of rudeness perhaps, but that is not something the courts will take on. My advice: get over it.

The information provided herein is not intended to be legal advice and no attorney-cloient relationship exists as a result. Before relying on any advice, please consult an attorney.


Not a chance


I am afraid that rudeness is not sanctioned by the law. Sorry. Best regards.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


No. If you feel the driver's behavior was negligent and likely to cause future injury, call the cab company and complain.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer