Skip to main content

Can I sue a cab company for one of their drivers sexually harassing me?

Brooklyn, NY |

I called a private cab service and the driver was sexually harassing me, verging on sexual assault. He said that my perfume makes him horny and making moaning sounds.

I was trying to ignore him and be polite because I was in a rush and it's scary being in a strange man's car but I noticed him deliberately driving out of the way of where I was going so I was getting concerned. Then, he pulled the car over to tell me that I "look like I like sex" and asking if he could touch my breasts.

I ended up just telling him to leave me there since I wasn't too far from my destination. As I handed him the money, he reached back to try to touch my breast. I ran out of the car as quick as possible.

I want to know if I have a basis to sue or at least report him in some way. Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can file a complaint with the NYS Division of Human Rights. It may be simpler to file a complaint with the NYC Traffic and Limousine Commission. You can reach them by calling 311.



Ok thank you. I tried to file a complaint on the TLC website but the form doesn't come up. I wasn't sure if I should try to file a police report or to them first.


As Mr. Forman suggested, file a complaint with the licensing agency, file a complaint with the cab company, and make a report to law enforcement.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis.


1. Call the police.
2. This is not an employment law question.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer