Skip to main content

Can i sue a asset protection planner whom assists seniors on medical, dental insurance who lied to me?

Albuquerque, NM |

i am a 57 year old female on ssi with no dental insurance. i purchased dental insurance at about $35.00 a month policy stated you need to carry insurance for 12 months to quilify for major dental, such as a crown. I contacted an ASSET PROTECTION PLANNER whom assists seniors on part "D" benifits for ssi. she lied to me about plan to get me to sign up i took her word right their and then signed up and cancelled dental insurance at $35.00 information she gave me was wrong and now i am out $1,500 thank you anna

+ Read More

Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes
Attorney answers 1


You can always sue, the real question is can you prevail. First, "asset protection" is not a recognized area of law, so you need to know if you were dealing with an attorney. Check with the New Mexico state bar association to see if the planner you were working with is an attorney. If she is, you can pursue a complaint to the bar association. If she isn't you might want to report her to the bar association for unauthorized practice of law and you might also contact your local Attorney General's office and file a complaint. If you paid her the $1,500, you should beable to press her to return your fees - but if you're out $1,500 because you had to pay for dental care, that will be difficult to recoup.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer