Skip to main content

Can I subpoena phone records of my husbands cell phone during divorce in Arizona

Phoenix, AZ |

My husband has hidden all community property off shore /out of country. I am unable to trace to whom withdrawn cash has been sent. Can I subpoena his phone logs or history to identify all contacts in Az. Is there any other way i can get the records of his phone if we cannot subpeona his call history.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

You should retain and attorney to help you with your family law matter. Since your husband is hiding community property making full use of the discovery process will be your best bet. In addition, it would be in your best interests to also depose your husband regarding the property. Essentially your trying to put a puzzle together of assets and finances so again, an experienced attorney would be extremely helpful in your case.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Yes you can subpoena his phone records, but have you also served him with Interrogatories and a Request for Production of Documents and Things?

If you have not done the standard discovery listed above, you need to find a lawyer immediately as you can not prevail if you do not know what you are doing.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "HELPFUL" or "THE BEST ANSWER," PLEASE MARK IT SO AS AVVO AWARDS THE ATTORNEY POINTS. All attorneys providing answers on this site are donating their time and not financially compensated.

Information provided on this site does not constitute legal advice. Answers posted here are based on a very limited amount of information and are given without a conventional consultation. Information posted here should be valued accordingly. We offer free initial consultations that require completion of a questionnaire detailing your situation and a personal one-on-one attorney interview to provide qualified legal advice. The answers posted here might be completely different with more information.