Skip to main content

Can I submit I-485 without vwp stamp

Ontario, CA |

hi i entered the us with the visa waiver program from the uk.
I accidentally left my bag with my passport in it outside and it was raining, my stamps have washed off, you can see the stamp very faintly. I can still use the passport it hasn't done much to the photo page.
Since then I have married a Us citizen can i apply for i485 still ??
(I was admitted after being checked and inspected by a immigration officer at Los Angeles Airport)
Btw i also have my flight ticket and boarding passes..
would this be a problem for me to apply for i485??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You should be okay. I highly recommend you have an attorney help you make your case to the USCIS Officer.

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. The answer given is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for contacting an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction and obtaining legal advice from such an attorney. If further assistance is needed please feel free to contact me and retain my services.


It is your burden to prove lawful admission.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Not a huge problem if it's the way you describe it. You have to prove you were lawfully admitted, but the combination of the faint stamp and tickets suggest you are probably ok.

This is not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship has been formed, now or in the future. This is just a casual opinion expressed about a hypothetical situation.