Skip to main content

Can i stop someone from being deported his an ice detainer?

Fresno, CA |

My moms boyfriend got locked up for dui and he had a dui a few yrs ago he finished his probation and everything else he had to do! Now they want to deport him back to mexico what can i do in this situation? Is there a way for him to just get probation again?

And i also can afford an attorney earthier so any good advice for me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Sorry to hear the bad news. Your mom's boyfriend may be able to avoid deportation depending on a variety of factors, such as time in the US, close US citizen family members, and how he entered the US, or status as serious crime victim.

I can tell how important this is to you, so it would make sense to consult with an immigration lawyer experienced in immigration defense. You should do this sooner rather than later, as ICE might transfer him to Arizona if an immigration attorney doesn't enter an appearance before he's transferred.

Best wishes,
Daniel Shanfield (408) 275-6565/(888) 275-6571


Probation is part of his criminal case, not immigration. To find out if there is something you can do for him, you will need to retain an experienced immigration attorney to determine if he is eligible for a defense. Good luck.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.


What is his grounds of relief from deportation? What is his immigration status?

713-772-2300. All information provided is general in nature. Please consult with an immigration attorney with full details of the case.


You cannot represent him:unless you are an attorney. An attorney can file a g-28 and start talking about any bond with ICE. A good attroney will review this persons immigration, family and criminal history first to determine whether he might apply to stay in the U.S. before the immigration judge, or even attempt a request for prosecutorial discretion.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer