Skip to main content

Can I stop pay child support at 18 my wife did not enroll my daughter in all her senior year .

Tacoma, WA |

and there is "none" for 3.14 post secondary education support..........i was going to call the becka bill on her for not enrolling my 17 year old ,her senior year started sept.of 2011.....then to finally enroll her in june of 2012 is ridiculous ..she is 18 September 24th and that is child support done time. She number one was " not normal or remained enrolled " and number two not in a "normal course" due to pure negligence of custodial parent I was going to call the becka bill enforcement

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to follow the orders of the court regarding child support. Check your documents.

[In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.]


You need to play it safe and have the order actually terminated. You don't need to risk a possible contempt. Consult with counsel immediately.... but be prepared, also, for the child to suddenly wind up back in class.

This post is not meant to be legal advice for a specific situation. Additionally, it does not constitute an attorney client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with the attorney of your choice before taking action which can affect your legal rights.


It would really benefit you to seek legal counsel. A qualified attorney will be able to review the Orders and determine whether post-secondary support may still be sought or whether child support terminated.

Peter J. Abbarno practices in the State of Washington. The response is limited to his understanding of law in the jurisdiction in which he practices and not to any other jurisdiction. No response to any posted inquiry shall constitute legal advice, nor the existence of an attorney/client relationship.