Skip to main content

Can I still sue the hospital.

Englewood, FL |

September 27th, 2011 my husband a cancer patient was losing green fluid aroung his Gtube. I rushed him to Englewood Community Fl. They had the dr. look at the xrays and then sent him home. They didn't replace any lost fluids. They pretty much pushed us out the door. They didn't even wait for me to pull up the car. They wheeled him out through the parking lot and let him off. I had to put him in the car while he was puking green fluid. That night he died at home. He also was running a 104 temperature while he was in ER. I didn't know what to do. I am still traumitize by this whole ordeal. Everyone was telling me I should sue them. I was greiving so bad that I didn't have the energy to do any thing back then. My husband was the soul provider and now that he is gone I may lose my house.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I'm very sorry to hear about your loss and I understand that you have been grieving for a long time. You should be aware that the statute of limitations for your case is likely 2 years, however you should speak to a medical malpractice attorney immediately. There are pre-suit requirements that cause us to need extra time in a medical malpractice case. We have to review all of the records and also have a review by a medical professional who must provide an affidavit that describes the breaches of medical care. I would advise contacting an attorney as soon as you can as the records can take time to compile.


I'm sorry for your loss. The facts as you describe them certainly warrant further investigation. You should immediately contact an experienced medical malpractice attorney. He/she will obtain your husband's medical records and have them reviewed by the appropriate specialists. You need to move quickly because as has been mentioned, there are time limitations that apply.


A local med mal lawyer would need to order his medical records and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


I think you should consider a lawsuit. Statute of limitations will expire two years from the date of your husband's death, so it is important to act quickly.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me, or visit my website

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer