Skip to main content

Can I still get my intercepted state refund if I submitted myrequest forreview to DOR after the 30 day limit?

Fall River, MA |

Last yr my state refund was intercepted the DOR in MA for my husbands past due child support. I submitted my request for review after the 30 day timelimit last yr n didn't get my money. Is there any way I can appeal that, even being a yr later? It was all my income n I just got married that yr n was unfamiliar w the procedure. Thanks!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If it's less than one year since they kept the money then you can file for an abatement (refund). Use form CA-6. If the sum is enough to justify hiring counsel then do so as the DOR is notorious for turning you down & I regularly must get involved.
[sent from my phone]

Eric P. Rothenberg, P.C.
Orsi Arone Rothenberg
160 Gould street
Suite 320
Needham, MA 02494