Skip to main content

Can I start Naturalization Proces without replacing lost green card and then, obtain 'travel document' for July travel ?

Warwick, NY |

1.Can I travel while waiting for green card replacement, after obtaining a 'travel document', or 2.Can I start the Naturalization Process, without replacing my green card and also get a 'travel document', so I can travel in July?
I have been a permanent resident for 10 years now, working and living here. I have a valid British Passport.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Why do you need a travel document ie a reentry permit? Do you plan to stay out of us for a long time?


You need the green card to travel, so wait for it to arrive before leaving. You can actually start the Natz process without replacing the green card if you have a copy of the lost card.

An attorney-client relationship is not formed by my responses to questions on Avvo. My responses are not intended to be legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.


A travel document is not a replacement for an expired green card.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.