Skip to main content

Can I speed the N-400 application process?

New York, NY |

I have submitted my N-400 application for neutralization, I have an international assignment for work it came as a surprise and it is a great opportunity that will last 2 years. Is there a way to speed up the application process? I had my biometrics done at this time.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Depends upon who is your employer:
•The United States government, including the Military
•Contractors of the United States government
•A recognized American institution of research
•A public international organization
•An organization designated under the International Immunities Act?
If one of these, you may request an expedite. They will consider it.

This answer is of a general nature and does not in any way create an attorney-client relationship.


In my professional experience N400 Naturalization cannot be ever expedited for personal employment reasons at all.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois


Unfortunately there is no way to to expedite the N-400 application.

Alexus P. Sham-The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


No you can not. either you have to wait until the oath ceremony and then leave or leave after withdrawing your application which will then delay your chances by another 4-5 years after you come back as you will lose your physical presence, as well as continuous presence required for NATURALIZATION, not NEUTRalization.



Thanks, and thanks for pointing out the typo

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer