Skip to main content

Can I seek a lawyer for back/nerve/hip pain post delivery with epidural complications?

Las Vegas, NV |

I asked for something to calm my nerves prior to the epidural which was given but Dr did not wait for it to work. I feel that the epidural was placed too low but would not know this without seeing my records. When the epidural was placed a nerve was hit and the Dr said that I had jumped, I only jerked when he hit something. I felt a tense pain down my leg. It stopped working when I got to a 6 so I asked for more meds but they kept saying that he was busy.Ever since then I have had hip pain, trouble walking, trouble sleeping, my right leg and left foot randomly go numb. Also I can not sit nor stand for long periods of time I will get intense pain in my lower back. One day I had to wait an hour for my husband to get home to help me get up out of a chair while holding a infant with a toddler.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Yes, you could seek a lawyer. However, in Nevada Med. Mal. has a cap and is very costly to prove because you have to hire experts to testify in your behalf. I would suggest you go see a nerve Dr. and see if you have any form of permanent nerve damage and if you do then I would seek the advice of a Med. Mal. lawyer.



If they were to find that I do have permanent damage will the hospital cover the all of my costs? Also, would my job be protected? Unfortunately, I work at a hospital that is diretcly related to where I gave birth.

William Berry Palmer

William Berry Palmer


It should not affect your job. The test would be part of your claim and part of your damages case but the hospital would not be liable for payment of the tests until you have a jury verdict or settlement.


As Mr. Palmer has stated, medical Malpractice cases are very difficult to win in Nevada. You will need to retain a doctor as a medical expert to render an opinion that the hospital, doctor or other medical provider provided services that were not up to the relevant standard of care. I know of at least two doctors in Las Vegas who are also lawyers and represent victims of medical malpractice. They also happen to be OB/Gyns and could give you a fair review of your case before the need to pay the costs to retain an expert.

Hope this helps.

/s Donald Kudler

This answer does not create an attorney client relationship and does not constitute legal advice, but is solely the opinion of a Nevada Attorney.

Donald Curtis Kudler

Donald Curtis Kudler


The Statute of Limitations for Medical Malpractice cases is one year so you better act soon so that the lawyer can do his job if he finds a case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer