Can I safely travel with advanced parole under my approved DACA case and be allowed to enter the US?

Kearny, NJ |

I have just been approved by DACA and have also received my work permit. I have been in this country out of status for 21 years. If I apply for advanced parole and am approved can I safely return to the US after my travel without being held to the 3/10 year bar?

If you receive advanced parole, you should be OK. However, receiving advanced parole will requires a good reason, and you had better be sure your trip overseas is worth the risk of not be allowed to enter. There is no guarantee you will be allowed to enter and no guarantee your entry would be smooth.

I agree. Very risky..... But congrats on your approval!

Not without substantial risk.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Definitely not without risk

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Please visit our website at www.tunitskylaw.com. For questions or to schedule a consultation, please call 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.