Can I return my car to a buy here pay here lot ?

Atlanta, GA |

I bought my car in nov 08- (third car from the lot that finally worked). I have a 5 year installment agreement w/them and they told me they would report to the credit agencies. I pulled my credit and its not there. I have been offered a deal to purchase a newer car from a dealership, with a bank loan, thats more reliable and safe for my family. I have never been late, can I return my car to them w/o being sued?

If you return the car, the can try and collect the deficiency from you. One way of doing this is to sue you.

An option would be returning the car through a bankruptcy. If you surrender the car through a bankruptcy, the car creditor cannot come after you for the deficiency once you get a discharge. I would be more than happy to discuss this option further. Please give us a call. We offer free consultations.

Jakob-Barnes Law Firm, LLC
678-990-4197
6095 Lake Forrest Dr.
Suite 270
Atlanta, GA 30328
www.sandyspringsbankruptcy.com
info@sandyspringsbankruptcy.com

Best of luck!