Skip to main content

Can I request my employer to pay my ESOP money right away since I have been fired

Phoenix, AZ |

I was fired from my job two weeks ago and had inquired about my ESOP money. I was told that I would have to wait until it was deposited into my 401k. Is there anything I can do legally do get that money to me right away since I am no longer an employee? Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


This is a case where your employer is correct. Contact the plan administrator after the money is deposited into your 401k.