Skip to main content

Can I request a copy of the annual report that my mothers conservator files? I am the sole beneficiary and my mother is in a

Nampa, ID |

Care center.

+ Read More

Filed under: Trust beneficiaries
Attorney answers 2


Typically, as a child and sole beneficiary, you can request a copy of the Conservator's report from the Conservator. In some situations this report can be withheld from family members at the request of the Conservator. If the Conservator declines to provide you with a report, you can always ask the court to provide you with a copy - this may need to be done formally with a Motion and Hearing.

This response has been prepared as a courtesy to aid understanding the legal issues and procedures presented. The response was provided without knowledge of, or access to, all the facts and circumstances and probably does not address important issues relating to the question. No attorney/client relationship is formed or intended by the response given.


In most probate courts, this document would be part of the public record, and you could obtain a copy directly from the court, whether the conservator wished to cooperate or not. If the conservator is willing to provide this to you, that would of course be easiest.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer