Skip to main content

Can I report to immigration and get my ex deported?

Dallas, TX |

Hello there, I just have a couple questions that I need answer and I would highly appreciate if I could get answers for them thanks a lot.

1 - My Brazilian ex wife used somebody else's social to work before we got married, today we are divorced and it's been five years, she is a green card holder, Can I report her for what she did 5 years ago or is she protected by the statute of limitations?

2 - At one point someone told me that my ex wife presented fake papers to get her visa to come to America, it's been 8 years, Can I report her?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


this site is for people who want advice for possible immigration benefits, not for people who want to punish their ex's.

Answers given on this site are general advice only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.


You should first consult with a libel lawyer to determine if you could be sued by your ex-wife for defamation and libel. If you have evidence and your lawyer clears it, I would suggest that you make an INFOPASS appointment with your local immigration office and without mentioning names, see if they're interested in following up on an investigation.


The solution to your problems lies exclusively in divorce court, not immigration law. Only ICE can determine whether or not to deport someone. You need to move on with your life.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer