Skip to main content

Can I rent a home to a new tenant while the bank is deciding on a loan modification; if they say no; we will have to short sale?

Mooresville, NC |

We are two months behind in the mortgage payments. The house is a rental in North Carolina.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Yes but disclose this information to the tenant and use the rent money to pay the mortgage.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.


Rent the house and pay the mortgage. As long as you own the home, you have every right to rent it. Good luck to you.

Fred Amos provides legal representation in Wake County, North Carolina. Any answer provided through this discussion board is a general response to the question and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to this question does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Always seek the advice of a lawyer directly to address your specific circumstances. Free consultation and flexible payment plans for DWI's. Call 919-803-7208.