Can I renew my DACA after it expires?

Aurora, CO |

I applied for the DACA form on Sept. 2012. I was approved and sent a temporary permit for 2 years staring on Jan. 8 2013. What happens after my two years are up? Could I renew it? Do you just go or call in and ask for an extension on your permit or do you have to resubmit the same evidence plus more to get the permit again?

Filed under: Immigration

Best Answer

As of now, the law permits to renew it again for another two years.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

Thank you.

Gintare Grigaite

Gintare Grigaite

You are most welcome.

You think renewing already? WOW! You just got it. I think for as long as this Administration is in town, it will continue.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Yes, Im thinking a head of time. I didn't want to wait until it expires to do something about it. I want to get as much information possible and will renew when its closer to the expiration date. Thanks.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Good for you.

USCIS has said DACA will be renewable every two years as long as the program continues, but they haven't yet announced any procedures to apply for renewal so we don't know how much it will cost or what kind of evidence will be required.

If you found this answer helpful, please mark it "helpful" or "best answer." Thank you! Laura Mandell, Gingell Immigration, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-719-7209 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: laura@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: http://stephengingell.com | Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thank you, I truly appreciate it.

Laura Mandell

Laura Mandell

You're welcome!