Skip to main content

Can I refuse to pay a dentist bill wish work was not finished because I change the dentist. What can I do?

Miami, FL |

A crown that I have in the frontal tooth broke and the dentist reduce the next good tooth to put a bridge she left a temporal on and then I decide to change the dentist because I was scare what she will do to me. I paid in advance $ 300.00 , now she send me a bill like if she did the work on me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It depends. More info is needed.


You can refuse to pay but she may sue you for any money you owe her. It is not clear to me what you are being billed for: the work already performed or the work she was going to perform. If she specially ordered a crown or any other device for you, you may have to pay for that as well.


You can refuse but, it's not a good idea. You could be sued or be sent to collection.


You owe her for the value of the work she did. If you agreed to pay her for certain work, and you fired her for no good reason while she was doing the work, you owe her damages for breaching your contract with her; perhaps the entire contract price.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me, or visit my website

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer