Skip to main content

Can I receive temporary/majority time sharing as a father? (grounds for modification) (we have shared custody 50/50 time sharing

Jacksonville, FL |

My sons mother has been recently charged with 6 felonies of check fraud. She had a warrant out for her arrest and was arrested with our son in the car as she transported him to daycare. He was then taken to daycare by someone else. Two days later I went to daycare and was told that my son was at school crying the day of the arrest saying; "They took my mommy away in chains!" Upon hearing of the news from the daycare, I questioned my son on the issue. He was non-responsive saying, "My mommy said I couldn't tell you!" I couldn't get him to tell me what happened until the daycare assisted me making him feel comfortable. I approached his mother asking what happened, and she immediately lied to me saying, she didn't tell me because of what my reaction may be. everythings a secretwithher

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can definitely motion for modification if mother's behavior is endangering your child. If you're not comfortable how to do this on your own, I strongly suggest getting the help of a local family law attorney.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.


Contact a Jacksonville family law attorney.


Yes, these factors can contribute to a finding for modification. Modification is two-file (1) substantial change in circumstances not contemplated at the time of final judgment and (2) best interest of the child.

Contact local counsel as soon as possible.

Note: The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer