Skip to main content

Can I reapply for deffered actioin for childhood arrivals?

Hurst, TX |

I made a typo on the year I was born on the i821d form. It made it look like i was under 15 years of age. I recieved a denial letter based on my age, but I am actually 24. Can I reapply? They sent me back all my documents and the fee.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can reapply.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.


Before reapplying I would consult with an immigration attorney. I do not know the supporting documents you enclosed but your birthday should have been clear from your birth certificate and passport. I would invest in legal fees this time around. An attorney can have a well prepared cover letter with an explanation. Make sure there is no fraud as CIS said that's the one thing that would be taken very seriously. I am not saying you did something wrong, just want to caution you. Good luck.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


Yes, maybe hire a lawyer this time.


Yes, but do yourself a favor and use an attorney this time. My firm handles DACA applications throughout the US.
Nicklaus Misiti
Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer