Skip to main content

Can I re -enter USA with valid H1B(Entries M)

Clifton, NJ |

Hi ,I am currently working in US on H1B (Entries M) from Jan 2013 H1B is valid till Dec 2013..I am planing to visit India my home in March 2013 for 2 weeks for personnel visit and wanted to come back US and resume work again
Is it safe to do so ,what documents do I required for it

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Are you saying that your passport has a multiple entry H-1B visa stamp that is vaid until December 2013? If so, you can travel and come back. Make sure you have proof that you have maintained your status all along by working for your H-1B petitioner, as well as their continued intention to employ you.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:


Yes, it is safe given that you previously stated to possess a consular visa stamp.

. You will need a letter from the employer confirming your continued employment, as well as your last 3 pay stubs to show the CBP officer if asked. Be ready to explain your position and everyday job duties to the CBP officer.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues. You will be able to return and resume work. Take proof that you are still employed and will be by the same company upon your return.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.