Can I re -enter USA with valid H1B

Clifton, NJ |

Hi ,I am currently working in US on H1B from Dec 2012 ..my H1B is valid till Jan 2015..I am planing to visit India in March 2013 for 2 weeks for personnel visit and wanted to come back US and resume work again
Is it safe to do so ,what documents do I required for it

Best Answer

As long as you are traveling within the validity period of the H-1B visa you should be OK. Carry proof of employment for POE verification.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

You will need to come back with a consular H-1B visa stamp to be readmitted to the US.

You apply on Form DS-160. Go to the particular consulate's website and follow the instructions for the types of document you'll need to. Bring with you to the visa interview.

You'll need a letter form your employer confirming your H-1B employment, as well as your three (3) latest pay stubs.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thanks for reply ..one more quations:I already do have a H1B valid till Jan 2015 with Multiple type of visa ..still do I need to go to the consular for visa interview?

I agree with attorney Sharma.

National Toll Free: 877-583-7080. Joseph Cella, Esq. has been practicing Immigration Law for 19 years. The answers provided herein neither constitute legal advice, nor create an attorney/client relationship.