Skip to main content

Can I put my US Passport number instead of naturalization cert. number on I130 since I lost that cert. Thanks

El Cerrito, CA |
Attorney answers 4


No you cannot. You can put "unknown" and then include a copy of your passport.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


No, you cannot. If you want to identify your passport number, you should include a copy of a biographic page of your passport.

Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


You need to answer by providing the the asked information. You are cannot simply "substitute" by providing information about another document which the question does not ask for.

If you lost the certificate and no longer have access to that information, then simply put:
"Cannot recall" or "unknown".

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


No you cannot.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer