Skip to main content

Can I put a lien on my neighbor's bond money?

Chicago, IL |

I have a judgement against my neighbor for a dispute a few years back. He has no money so i was unable to collect. I just found out was just arrested for a felony DUI and posted a $20,000 bond. Is there a way I can put a lien on that bond money? Can some guide me on what to do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You might want to repost your question under criminal law. This is not a real estate question.

By the very nature of Avvo, you have only provided limited facts and no documentation, therefore, our response to your question is treated only as a hypothetical, and as such it is merely general in nature. You should not rely on this response in taking or forgoing action in your circumstances without discussing this matter with an attorney. If we had the opportunity to ask you sufficient questions and review relevant documents so that we were satisfied we had all of the relevant facts and circumstances, our response might differ significantly. Without the opportunity to ask you questions, and review all relevant documents and memoranda, we are simply unable to provide any form of legal advice. Our response to your question does not create any attorney-client relationship between us, and we are not acting as your attorney. We reserve the right to decline representation in any case. By answering your question, we are under no obligation to answer further questions. There are very specific deadlines for filing a lawsuit, replying to a lawsuit filed against you, or taking other action in order to preserve your legal rights. You should contact an attorney immediately in order to be fully advised of your rights, and so that you are aware of those deadlines. If you fail to act within the required time frame, you might be forever barred from asserting your rights or defending your position. The attorney answering this question is licensed in Illinois and Iowa only.


No, you cannot put a lien on your neighbor's bond.


No a bond such as you describe cannot be placed with a lien.