Skip to main content

Can I process GC for my family along with me while they are in my country?

Williamsburg, OH |

I am in L1-A. My employer has started GC process for me under EB1c. My family is in my country. Though I can get it clarified thru my corporate attorney, I thought of taking addition opinion here.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


It might be a good idea to get your family L-2 visas to come to the US so they can apply at the same time, or even after. Otherwise they will have to wait until your green card is approved and process in the home country. Check with your corporate attorney.

Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please note further that any answer is based on a general question and other facts which are not disclosed may change the answer. The information provided is not legal advice but only intended to provide general information. Immigration law is complex and no one should make decisions without consulting a qualified attorney.


"Here" is not good for additional opinions. "Here" is good for general information. As you have correctly admitted, you are seeking second opinion. That one should be sought through a private consultation with an immigration attorney of your choice. It might not be free but will get you your answer.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Yes but consider having them with you on L-2. Work with your attorney either option is proper


The answer is yes, but you should speak to the corporate attorney.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.


Two options. Bring your family here on L-2 status before your I-485 is approved and then they can adjust here with you Or concurrently file an I-824 with your I-485 for them to follow-to-join you. In that case their cases won't be started until your green card is approved. I would recommend option 1.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer