Skip to main content

Can I pay back property taxes on a vacant house in Phila. and get the deed in my name.

San Diego, CA |

The taxes have not been paid for 6 years. This was a distant relative who died years ago and did not leave the house to anyone. she did not have children. The house is in philadelphia.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


No. You would also need to adversely possess the house for the statutory period. In Texas it would be ten years.


Will not work.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree. Does not appear to be a good idea.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.