Skip to main content

Can I or my lawyer approach court for diversion program to dismiss the case without Case number?

Jersey City, NJ |

Criminal Charges, Diversion,Criminal Defense
Hi, I recently got arrested for theft by convention in GA,Fulton county value worth less than $100 bucks. When I approached my lawyer he suggested that I should do community service and a theft class, and I have done both, but since I don't have a case number for my case yet,my lawyer saying he could not do anything? is it true? is there a better way to move forward?
This case is causing me from getting a job, age 21.
Court: Fulton county state court
no previous criminal or any other history

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I would need more information before I could provide you with a proper response.

If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer". Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Peter J. Lamont, Esq. Law Offices of Peter J. Lamont 623 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 2, Hawthorne, NJ 07506 Phone: (973) 949-3770 Fax: (866) 603-0471 Toll Free: (855) NJLAW01 (855) 655-2901 Additional Offices in New York, Monument, CO, San Juan, PR and affiliates throughout the country. PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. You should not act or rely on any information contained on this site without first seeking the advice of an attorney.


You need to speak to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in Georgia given that this incident took place in Georgia, preferably the attorney who is representing you now.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed. I am an attorney licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey. Consult a local attorney if your case arises outside the State of New Jersey. If you found this answer to be HELPFUL then you can vote that this answer was helpful. If you found this answer to be the BEST ANSWER of all those presented, then you can vote that this answer was the best answer presented. Also, please be advised that any response to any comments made by the asker do not create an attonrey client relationship.


You need to speak to a Ga. attorney. In NJ there could not be a case without a "case number". Isn't there a complaint number on the arrest report?


You need a GA lawyer. Or call the court.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer