Skip to main content


Miami, FL |

I am a citizen of Ukraine. I worked for a studio that made and distributed pornographic products (webcam site) in Ukraine.
On June 7, 2007, I was convicted of "Offences against the public order and morality" I was charged with being an administrator.
I was not a performer. (Criminal code can be found on ).
I completed one year of probation and on June 30, 2008 was discharged from punishment.
I have been dating a US Citizen for several years and we would like to get married.
Do I have any chance of obtaining an immigrant visa? Can I apply for a waiver? Should I just give up?
Any help would be appreciated.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You will not be able to get a fiancée visa, since that category has no waivers available to it.

If you marry the US citizen, obtaining a waiver for your type of offense will be hard and by no means guaranteed. Best to consult with a. Immigration lawyer about the particulars of your case and to assess your chances of success.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


YOu can forget out K1. Fir for CR1 and brace for the ride. It will be bumpy.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


You need to consult with a competent immigration attorney who can analyze all the potential in admissibility grounds triggered by this offense and any waivers that can be applied for. As stated by my colleagues you have an uphill battle but are more likely to succeed if married and filing based on an I-130

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer