Skip to main content

Can I move out of state with my daughter?

Hudson, OH |

I currently reside in Summit County. My daughter is seven and her biological father has not seen her since she was 2. We were never married and he does not pay child support. He also has a criminal record, is unemployed, and is a drug user. My Fiance wants to adopt my daughter when we get married in 2015, as he has been in her life since she was 2 years old. We also want to move to Florida in 2015. I know he can't file for the adoption until 6 months after we are married, but can we move to Florida before the adoption is filed for? Her biological father and I have never been to court either. Also, if we do move to Florida, where would we file for the adoption at? In the county in Florida, or Summit county in Ohio?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You have full custody of your daughter, so you can move out of state without any notice to her biological father.


you can move out of state without any notice

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer