Skip to main content

Can I move out of state with a joint custody agreement? How hard would it be to do so?

Tampa, FL |

How does joint custody work in Hillsborough county if you want to move out of state someday in the child's life when they are a minor? Do you have to work that into your custody agreement with the biological father? Would it be hard to move out of state if I met someone and wanted to someday with joint custody?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The state of Florida has a very specific procedure to follow if you wish to relocate with a minor child. It is contained in Florida Statutes Chapter 61.13001


You have to get permission from the court or your ex in writing before you can relocate.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer