Skip to main content

Can i move out of state while on probation due to probation violation dwi?

Casselberry, FL |

my friend lives in north carolina and wants to move down here without finishing there probation. can the state of florida do anything to them? his time to serve would be only 30 days if he choose not to do probation.. it is nothing to serious but could florida arrest or charge him or do anything for that matter?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Once he finishes his obligations to North Carolina then Florida will not have an issue. But that is assuming he clears up whatever is open in NC. If he doesn't a warrant will issue and follow him to Florida.


Hello there,

More than likely your probation officer will not let you move out of the state while a violation is pending.

You must ask for permission first or you will be violating another condition and becoming a fugitive from justice.


Erick Platten