Skip to main content

Can i move out at the age of 17 in Michigan if my parents do not accept it?

Monroe, MI |

Im turning 17, i live in michigan and i need to find the correct answer so i dont do the wrong thing

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can request Emancipation at your age, but please note you will have to prove to the Court, among other things, that you can be financially independent and support yourself. Here is a link to the Petition you will have to file with the Court: I wish you all the best of luck. Warmest regards on a HOT summer day, Matt Catchick.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer