Skip to main content

Can I move out at the age of 17?

Manchester, CT |

I will be 17 in August and my mom plans to move to North Carolina at some point after my birthday I live in Connecticut now and do you want to go with her is there anyway I can stay here if I have a place to stay and can care for myself?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Read this link

and hire counsel



How long does this take? She told me i could live with my grandmother if I say I'm doing that and wait for her to move and move back to where I was living will it be easier to get emancipated?


You will need to go to court and have the judge declare you an emancipated minor, then you can do what you please, as ill advised as that may be.