Skip to main content

Can I make a criminal complaint for perjury or sue for perjury?

Jacksonville, FL |

My employer sent one of my old assistant managers on the phone for an Unempoloyment Appeal. The assistant manager knowingly lied under oath multiple times. I have documents and witnesses proving it. I won the appeal so I don't have to pay back $3,060, but she cost me $1,071 as well as other expenses and heartache as that was my income and mom of two. What can I do? Can I file a criminal complaint or sue? And do I sue the company or the assistant manager?

+ Read More

Filed under: Appeals
Attorney answers 1


Any person can file a complaint. You can go to the local police station and ask to fill out a statement. Be sure to provide copies of whatever evidence you have. You could also try going to the State Attorneys Office, ask to speak with someone in their intake unit, and also provide a statement and the evidence.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer