Can i make my 17 and 9 years Children U.S. Citizen ?

Newton, MA |

I am U.S. Citizen .I want to make my 17 and 9 years Children U.S. Citizen also.we live in greece and we want to live in U.S for good.I have divorce and i have custody with restraining order .Do i need there father signature?

Best Answer

Depending on how/when you became a US citizen, your children may already be US citizens ... ask the US Consul in Athens.

At that time, you can also ask if your court papers are sufficient.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I became a US citizen by burth.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Then, if you spend at-least 5 years in the US after you were 14, and before they were born ... they are US citizens.

Some consular officers request it and some accept a custody order.

JP Sarmiento
www.sarmientoimmigration.com

I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.