Skip to main content

Can I hire a lawyer to help me w the final settlement?

Anaheim, CA |

My partner and I have filed for divorce, and doing all the paperwork on our own. Is there a place to get help or hire an attorney (1 time set price) to help me fill out the paper work for the final settlement only?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes - there are Family Law attorneys who do limited scope representation. You just need to call around to find someone who will assist you.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising. Liewen Law is fully compliant with every State and Federal Law, including California SB 94 and the related Civil Code Sections, as well as the FTC Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (MARS) Final Rule. Liewen Law is a debt relief agency helping consumers file for bankruptcy relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code. Liewen Law maintains this website for marketing and informational purposes only. None of the information or materials on this site is legal advice. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. Said information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While we make every effort to keep this site accurate and up to date, we do not guarantee its accuracy and are not responsible for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions.




Hi, Yes, I would consider a flat fee or hybrid fee arrangement to help you with the final settlement and other papers needed for obtaining a Judgment, depending on the status and complexity of your case, whether you and your spouse have reached an agreement, and the level of assistance that you might need. I would be happy to talk to you further about this. Please feel free to call me to discuss. Thanks.



If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer