Skip to main content

Can I hire a lawyer to get my husband a bond after he was denied a bond in VOP court because of a pending drug charge?

Baltimore, MD |
Attorney answers 4


Yes, but no one can guarantee that he will be released. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor legal advice, and no one should rely on it as such. If you have a legal problem or question, you should consult with an attorney, who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. Responding to a post does not constitute legal representation. I am not your lawyer, until we make an agreement and I receive my fee. Beware that posts and replies are not confidential. Anyone can read them.


You can always seek a bond, but it is very unlikely in the scenario you have described that the Court would reconsider and grant one.


Have you talked to your husband's lawyer about this matter? Public defender?
If not, immediately seek a consultation with a criminal attorney.


You can hire a lawyer for the sole purpose of filing for a bond review, as most attorneys will quote a smaller flat fee for that limited purpose. Keep in mind that there is zero guarantee of success, even if a bond hearing is granted. This is especially true with VOP's. Judges consider probation a gift and don't take kindly to seeing someone back in court for a violation. Consult a criminal attorney asap.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer