Skip to main content

Can I hire a lawyer to get a gay prostitute arrested? Assuming reporting to captain does not work.

New York, NY |

It seems that police just ignore these people in the city as most of these prostitutes are using internet to get business. Usually will it work when reporting to police?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can hire a lawyer to try but there are no guarantees.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


Lawyers do not arrest people, the police do. You have done the right thing by seeking assistance from the police just follow with them.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


You can try but don't be surprised if nothing happens. This is not the highest priority and how would a case be made out?


An attorney can help you talk to the police, monitor their response, advise you and even go to the poilce station with you but the police may not take action unless they are willing to stake out the neighborhood to make sting operation arrests, which take time and effort that only the Captain or vice can authorize. If the are loitering on your business property or using drugs you can make an anonymous call as well, or leave your name.Almost any lawyer here on Avvo would help you for $300 an hour and it might only take a few hours if that is what you want.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer