Skip to main content

Can I help my parents immigrate to US ?

California |

My parents have been under an immigration process which is sponsored by my grand-mother. It has been a long time and we dont know when it ends. I 've just got my US citizenship. Can I fill another I-130 form to sponsor my parents or that will make everything worse ?

Thank for your help!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3



Yes, as a U.S. Citizen (assuming you are over 21 years of age), you can petition your parents. It will be an immediate relative petition and will go much faster than the petition from your grandmother to your parents.


Brian D. Lerner


If you are a U.S. citizen, you can confer permanent resident status on your parents if and only if you are over the age of 21 and your parents are admissible. You should discuss the petition process and the immigration process with your attorney.


We recommend that you do file an I-130 for your parents. It is likely to speed up the process significantly.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer