Skip to main content

Can i help my friend get a visa ?

West Palm Beach, FL |

i am a us citizen i want to help my friend in jamaica to come into the united states to visit is there any way that i can help her because i now the only other option is marriage and thats not going to happen so is there any way i can help my friend

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 1


If the consular official believes that your friend intends to immigrate to the U.S., then the answer is no. Your friend will have to overcome a presumption that she intends to immigrate. This is easier for some, but not for others. If a consular official has reason to believe that your friend intends to stay in the U.S., then a non-immigrant visitors visa can be properly denied as a matter of discretion.

You can provide her with what is called an affidavit of support to prove that she has a place to stay while she visits and can support herself through your income. Some friends will also prepare invitations to visit for someone, so that an applicant can be convinced of the reason for the visit.

If there are any further concerns, then you may want to schedule an appointment or teleconference with a candid and experienced immigration attorney.

The above is general information not meant to be legal advice. The above reply does not create an attorney-client relationship.